Ogun awaits FG’s approval to begin work on Abeokuta-Ota-Lagos Expressway - aide
Governor Abiodun of Ogun State
Work
is yet to begin on the reconstruction of the Abeokuta-Ota-Lagos Expressway
because the Ogun State Government is still waiting for final approval of the
concessioning of the road from the federal government.
It
will be recalled that David Umahi, minister of works, announced in October last
year, during a briefing after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting at
the Aso Villa, that the federal government had finally concessioned the road to
the Ogun State Government to reconstruct after several efforts made to that
effect by the Governor Dapo Abiodun-led administration.
The
reconstruction was to be carried out under the Highway Development and
Management Initiative (HDMI), with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory
Commission (ICRC) and the Federal Ministry of Finance to be involved in the
process.
Mr.
Kayode Akinmade, special adviser to Governor Dapo Abiodun on media, speaking on
the latest development on Monday, said that although there is a presidential
approval for the concessioning, there is no extract papers from the federal government
approving the concessioning.
According
to Akinmade, the procedure for the concessioning is not complete without the papers.
He
added that the extract is needed to raise funds for the project and also
discuss with investors.
Commissioner for Works, Engineer Ade Akinsanya, had earlier said the state administration had been providing palliatives to make the roughly 70km road manageable for motorists.

No comments